Each flooring product has a set of rules prepare the industry governing body. As a member of these associations (i.e. National Wood Flooring Association, Marble Institute of America, American Standards and Materials), Interior Specifications is kept up-to-date of current issues.
When the gathering of evidence goes beyond relevant document review, we go into the field, and the laboratory to identify those conditions that have an effect on the floor at issue.
- Concrete for moisture, formulation and installation
- Adhesives, for identity, effectiveness, appropriateness
- Vapor barriers, performance, installations
- Wood, moisture, stability, acclimation, gap, cup, dimensional stability, bugs
- Ceramic tile, dynamic coefficient of friction dimensional tolerance
- Natural stone, static coefficient of friction, bond strength, lippage, curl, dimensional stability
- Carpet, tuft bind, edge ravel, bundle wrap, flame spread, bond strength
- Rubber and Vinyl flooring, bond, compressive strength, tensile strength
We prove both hard and soft evidence as the case requires, with the interpretation of a flooring expert.